04 NIGHTS 05 DAYS
SHILLONG CHERRAPUNJI MAWLYNNONG TOUR
NORTH EAST INDIA TOUR-24
Shillong with Cherrapunji and Mawlynnong
04 Nights 05 Days
Day 1 Arrival at Guwahati –
Shillong (4 nights) (110Kms / 3 ½ hrs drive)
Welcome to Guwahati. On arrival at Guwahati Airport/Station meet your driver and drive to Shillong. Enroute visit Umium Lake. Home to several waterfalls, it is also known as the Scotland of the East. Check-in at the Hotel. Overnight in Shillong.
Note: Peak season surcharges will be applicable during festivals, events, Diwali, Christmas and New Year.
Day 2 Shillong> Cherrapunjee> Shillong
Shillong – Cherrapunjee– Shillong (60Kms / 2hrs-One way)
After breakfast enjoy a trip to Cherrapunjee, known as one of the wettest places on the planet and the only place in India to receive rain throughout the year. The cliffs of Cherrapunji also offer stunning views of the plains of Bangladesh. Visit to Arwah Cave, Nahkhalikai Falls, Mwasmai Cave, Seven Sister Falls, Dainthlen Waterfalls, Eco Park and Wei Sawdong Waterfalls. Overnight in Shillong.
Day 3 Shillong
After breakfast and proceed for full day sightseeing of Shillong. Shillong - The ‘Gleneagle of the East’ lies in the centre of a plateau surrounded by Khasi hills. The city’s own Ward’s Lake is popular for short garden walks & boating. Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Cultures is a seven stories and three-in-one Institution combining a museum with a research and publication center, for promoting and preserving the rich cultural heritage of North East India -a unique fusion of all the sister states under one roof. Lady Hydari Park is a Japanese style landscaped park endowed with stretches of roses & exquisite flowers. The Mini zoo adjacent to the park has about 73 birds, 140 reptiles & mammals. One of the largest Golf courses in Asia is an 18-hole Golf Course is charted amidst a surging valley full of thick pine groves & rhododendron trees. Spend the evening in the splendid arena. The State Museum is a display of the lifestyle and heritage of the people of Meghalaya. Shillong and its surrounding is dotted with splendid waterfalls cascading down deep valleys forming misty sparks as they break the silence of the surroundings. Elephant Falls is a mountain stream gorging down two successive falls set in dells of fern covered rocks. Overnight at Shillong.
Day 4 Shillong Shillong> Mawlynnong> Shillong
Shillong – Dawki & Mawlynnong – Shillong (90 kms /3 hrs one way)
After breakfast proceed from Shillong to Dawki (Indo-Bangladesh Border) and Mawlynnong Village. Morning drive to Dawki, visit Indo-Bangladesh border and Umngot River (one can enjoy country boat ride here on direct payment basis). Later on proceed to the Mwallynnong village. Mawlynnong Village located in the East Khasi Hills of Meghalaya, also referred as ‘God’s own garden’ has won the acclaim of being the cleanest village in Asia in 2003. The village known for its cleanliness is located around 90 kms from Shillong and is a community based eco-tourism initiative. The community has made collective effort to maintain the ambience of a clean village. The village offers picturesque natural beauty, a trek to the living root bridge at a neighbouring village Riwai. The village also offers a sight of natural balancing rock, a strange natural phenomenon of a boulder balancing on another rock. Overnight at Shillong.
Day 5 Shillong - Guwahati – Departure
After Breakfast drive to Guwahati Airport /Station to board your flight/train to your hometown. Holiday Concludes. Let’s stay in touch on Facebook\email and meet again on another memorable Holiday. See you soon!
Note: All guests must follow the mandatory requirements for travel, such as RT-PCR tests, vaccination certificate, web check-in, self-declaration, e-pass formalities etc. as per the country, which are subject to change periodically. Any cost incurred for such requirements should be borne by the guests.
Room Type Price(1-10 PAX)
Twin Sharing Rs 30000/-
Triple Sharing Rs 29000/-
Child with Mattress Rs 25000/-
Child (4-11) Rs 20000/-
Shillong - India Hotel Gateway/The Majestic Hotel/or similar
The rates are valid for Indian nationals only
Hotels might ask for a refundable Security Deposit at the time of check-in, which is payable in Cash or by Credit Card
The value and currency of the deposit might vary as per the hotel policy.
Hotel Gateway/The Majestic Hotel/or similar
Enjoy a comfortable stay at the finest hotels at every destination.
Under unavoidable circumstances hotels are subject to change.
In such conditions a substitute hotel of a similar category will be provided.
Tour Cost Includes
Accommodation in comfortable & convenient hotels
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner (set menu) as mentioned in the itinerary
Travel by private vehicle (Etios/Dzire) as per the itinerary (Please note that AC will be switched off while travelling in hilly terrain, Vehicle not at disposal)
Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary (entrance and guide charges not included)
1 Lt. Water Bottle per person per day
Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only
Tour cost not Includes
GST 5% on total package price
Airfare or Railway Fare
Any increase in Govt taxes, Fuel price and any applicability of new taxes from the govt
Any upgradation in hotel room category
Any other sightseeing apart from above mentioned in the itinerary or extra usage of vehicle beyond the above mentioned itinerary
Guide Charges / Entrance fees for any sightseeing
Price of Insurance
Any extra expense such as Route change, Accommodation facilities etc. incurred due to any unforeseen ,unavoidable forced majeure circumstances during the tour
Porterage (Coolie charges), laundry, telephone charges, shopping, wines & alcoholic beverages, camera fees, mineral water (unless specified), items of personal nature and food and drink which is not part of set group menu
Any extra cost incurred on behalf of any individual due to illness, accident , hospitalization or any personal emergency
Anything specifically not mentioned in the tour price inclusions and any expenses of personal nature
The above price is valid for travel till 15th December, 2022. All rates are valid for Indian Nationals only
Vehicle is not at disposal. Additional charges for extra usage or sightseeing has to be paid for
Personal identification is mandatory to carry on tour for Air Travel, Hotels for security reason like: election card, Driving License, Passport Driver is NOT A GUIDE, he will take you to the sightseeing mentioned in the itinerary. You will have to explore the place of visit on your own. Itinerary is subject to change Hotel check in is 1400 hrs and checkout would be 1000 hrs. Early check in and late check – out subject to availability Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability. If the above hotels are not available similar category hotels will be used All arrangements made by us are in the capacity of a ground handling agent only. We will not be liable for claims or expenses arising from circumstances beyond our control such as accidents, injuries delayed or cancelled flights & acts or forces of nature All hotels do not have lift facility & the guest may have to climb stairs. Incase of guests having problems with blood pressure, breathing, knee & heart or if they cannot climb the higher floors, we will request you to report this problem at the time of booking so that we may take appropriate action. This is again subject to availability. Facilities like western toilet, television in room, geyser in bathrooms may not be available at all places.
The region’s prime tourist interest in its Nature and eco-friendly atmosphere. The facilities available here cannot be matched with other developed destinations. Many regions do not have star category hotels. Similar category hotels with the best available room will be provided In the region, scarcity of water & electricity is a natural phenomenon. Guests are requested to bear with such problems as may arise during the tour.
Valid from 20th March 2022 to 30th September 2022
TOUR COST : Per Person Per Tour Basis ( In Rupees )
Minimum No of Pax Standard (Plan CP) Deluxe( Plan CP) Super Deluxe ( Plan CP) Classic (Plan MAP)
02 pax 37078 41708 46140 54740
04 pax 27817 32447 36879 45479
06 pax 23571 28202 32634 41234
Destination Standard (Plan CP) Deluxe( Plan CP) Super Deluxe(Plan CP) Classic (Plan MAP)
Darjeeling- Marvel Inter-national / similar Hotel Sunflower /Similar The Retreat/Similar Candalin Resort/Similar
Gangtok - Sunrise Resi-dency / Similar Himalayan Heights/Similar Hotel Doma Palace Suhim Portico
Kalimpong - Garden Reach / Similar Sood Garden/Similar Hotel Park/Similar Barasana/Similar
Pelling- Swagat Resi-dency / Similar Pema-ling Resi-dency Olive Hotel Norbhu Ghang Resort
Lachung- Fortuna Resort / Similar Fortuna Resort Hotel Park Palace Golden Bridge
Lachen- Hotel Jachu Valley/Similar Himalayan Regency Himalayan Regency Grand Lachane
PACKAGE COST INCLUDES
::-- Assistance on Arrival & Departure.
::-- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis as Per Plan.
::-- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please brief to guest that vehicle will not be at disposable it will available to guest as per itinerary only.
::-- All permit fees & hotel taxes.
PACKAGE COST DOES NOT INCLUDES:
::-- Air Fare/Train fare.
::-- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), porterage.
::-- Any other item not specified in “Cost Includes”.
::-- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
::-- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
::-- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
::-- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
::-- Travel Insurance.
::-- Anything which is not include in the inclusion
::-- Goods & Service Tax 5%
::-- Child Below 5 yrs complimentary.
::-- Child 5 -10 yrs without extra bed as mention in cost column (CNB = Child no Bed).
::-- Child 5 -10 yrs with extra bed as mention in cost column (CWB = Child with Bed).
::-- Above 10 years / Extra adult with an extra bed sharing room are same & charged as per (EPSR).
::-- Hotels are very strict with the child policy. Please carry the age proof so that it can be produced if asked by hotel.
::-- Minimum Cancellation is 10% or INR 3000 whichever maximum Per Person Per Tour
::-- 25% Between 45-30 Days Before Tour Departure
::-- 50% Between 30-15 Days Before Tour Departure
::-- 75% Between 15-05 Days Before Tour Departure
::-- 100% on the Same Day & No show & 05 Days remaining.
::-- Cancellation charges as % of Total Tour Cost.
- In case of non-availability of requested hotel / hotels, we will provide accommodation in a similar category hotel / hotels.
Important: We need following to process your booking
1. Guest Name & Contact Number
2. Naming List with gender & age
3. Arrival / Departure details
• Permit require for Tsomgo Lake. It is mandatory that guest should carry 04 copies of pass – port size photograph, original photo ID proof with photo copy (identity card – Voter ID card/Pass-port/Driving License etc) for processing the permit.
• Permit also require for traveling to North Sikkim (Lachung & Lachen). Requires 02 more copies of passport size photographs along with original photo ID proof.
• The above mentioned hotels will be confirmed as per the room availability. Otherwise we will confirm similar category.
• The rates quoted in the packages are on per person basis, valid for Indian nationals & till 15th Mar 2016 (High seasons surcharge will be applicable from 20TH Dec – 04TH Jan)
• We provide exclusive vehicles in our packages.
• Non A/C Santro Wagnor / Alto for 1-3 Pax including child.
• Non A/C Sumo / Max / Hard top Jeeps for 4-8 pax.
• Innova / Scorpio / Xylo / Tavera for 6 pax including child.
• Gangtok city tour is done only by Maruti van / Indica / Wagon R (4 people in a car).
• If guest are booked for luxury vehicle, Innova / Scorpio / Xylo / Tavera will be provided as per availability.
• Only 06 heads are allowed in 1 Innova / Scorpio / Xylo including child. In case the number of heads traveling increases, than the guest will have to take another vehicle.
• In one Sumo / Max only 08 heads are allowed including child. If the number of heads traveling is more than 08, then guest will have to take another vehicle.
• Incase the guest is opting for Innova / Scorpio inform the guest to travel light with minimum baggage of one piece per person. In case of excess baggage the guest will have to opt for an extra vehicle for carrying the excess baggage. The cost for this will be borne by guest directly.
Important: About Hotel –
1. Check-in 13:00 hrs. / Check-out time is 11:00 hrs.
2. The tourism infrastructure in Sikkim & Darjeeling is not very developed and one should not expect or compare it with the standards of plains & other developed destinations there is always scarcity of water and power in the region and so you would come across situation like water (hot) being supplied on time basis – morning & evening.
3. Room Heater available with an extra cost borne by the guest directly (Except at Super Luxury , Luxury , Heritage Premium & Classic categories)
4. Category of Rooms in the packages normally remains to Stander Room .
5. Hotels are very strict with the child policy. Please carry the age proof so that it can be produced if asked by hotel.
6. A valid photo ID proof for all guests staying at the hotel is mandatory.
7. For Extra adult in the room we will provide an extra bed (wherever possible), but most of the hotels only provide extra mattress or roll out bed. Most of the hotels have no provision of an extra bed.
8. Operator reserves the right to re-arrange itinerary to suit hotel availability without changing the total number of days in each destination and without compromising any services.
9. In the area (almost all) the hotels do not have a lift facility and in all the hotels the guest will have to climb stairs. In case if any guest is having problem of blood pressure, knee or other ailment for which they cannot climb the higher floors they will have to intimate us during the time of booking so that we can arrange rooms at the lowest floor of the hotel enabling the guest to climb the minimum number of stairs possible.
About Transport –
1. If arrival of guest is by train at NJP Railway Station, please be informed that our executive will be there to receive the guest at the New Exit Gate (Near Escalator) or arrive at Bagdogra Airport our executive will be there with the PLA – CARD at Exit Gate on the Airport.
2. The guest should always keep cool with the drivers as they are not tourism educated and come from different remote villages.
3. As there is shortage of space for car parking in the entire Sikkim & Darjeeling region – guest will have to wait at the Lobby in time for the vehicle to start their sightseeing / transfers.
4. We would appreciate, if the guest does not lend their ears to the drivers as most of the time they misguide the passengers. In such instances we would request them to contact our executive.
5. On arrival of guests we will provide mineral water, small kits, local tour co-coordinator number & service voucher. Our representative will brief the total tour itinerary to the guest.
6. As most of the services are on point to point basis, it is obvious that the drivers would also keep changing. Keeping this in mind please ensure that you do not leave your belongings in the vehicle as there is very little possibility of getting them back. Always check your baggage before leave the vehicle.
7. In this sector the same vehicles will not be providing for the entire tour, it will be changed sector-wise. So we request you to inform the same to your guest to avoid any circumstance.
8. If any tourist spot do not complete which falls on closing day & if they wants to do the same on next day then they have to pay the extra cost for the vehicle.
9. If guests want any changes in their sightseeing schedule they should be informed to our executive previous day before 16:00 hrs, after that no changes are allowed. If the guest inform after 16:00 hrs it will be consider as a cancellation with no refund or guest will pay extra cost for reschedule the sightseeing.
10. Please inform your guest to maintain the timing for the sightseeing / transfers which will advisable by our executive. Mainly in Gangtok vehicle will not allowed to park at the hotel instead of parking stand. Once our vehicle will leave the hotel area without picking up the guests & come back at parking stand then guest must have to arrange their own to reach at the parking stand.
11. In Gangtok outside vehicle are not allowed to enter in the city. Only local taxi can roam around within Gangtok city. All outside vehicle will pick up & drop them from Deorali taxi stand. We provide local taxi for pick up & drop from hotel to taxi stand. For this reason guest have to wait sometime in the taxi stand.
12. In case the guest is opting for Innova / Scorpio inform the guest to travel with minimum baggage (one baggage per person). In case of excess baggage the guest will have to opt for an extra vehicle for carrying the excess baggage. The cost for this extra vehicle will be born by guest directly.
13. Operator reserves the right to re-arrange itinerary to suit hotel availability without changing the total number of days in each destination and without compromising any services.
14. Only 06 heads are allowed in 1 Innova / Scorpio / Xylo including child and 08 heads are allowed in 1 Sumo / Max including child. In case the number of travelers are increases, than the guest will have to opt for the additional vehicle with an extra cost which is directly payable by the guest on spot