KALIMPONG GANGTOK LACHUNG DARJEELING TOUR
08 NIGHTS 09 DAYS
HIGH-QUALITY INDIA TOUR PACKAGES
NORTH EAST INDIA TOUR- 16
KALIMPONG-GANGTOK LACHUNG DARJEELING TOUR
08 Nights 09 Days
Gangtok 03 Nights / Lachung 02 Nights / Pelling 01 Nights/ Darjeeling 02 Nights.
Day 01 Arrival and Transfer to Gangtok -
Today is the first day of the tour, Our representative will be there along with Vehicle to receive the Guest at New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB) / Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand (Junction) – He will take you to Gangtok – Capital of Sikkim Gangtok is Hill station and most popular tourist place in North East India.It is well known for scenic beauty and striking views of Mount Kanchenjunga.Gangtok residents are from different ethnic groups such as Nepali,Lepchas,and Bhuta.
Gangtok the capital of Sikkim Suits all from tranquility to adventure, land of monastery, mystic rituals & festivals at an height of 1670 meters / 5480 feet and is the most visited spot of India - It is one of the most beautiful town with varieties of Rhododendron, Orchids and butterflies. Gangtok is nearly 140 km from Airport and it takes around 5:00 hrs to reach Gangtok. and it is a scenic walk through the beautiful lanes of Sikkim. Being a capital city,Gangtok is a busy city and tourist from all parts of India during summer to get relief from heat.On arrival in Gangtok Check in to a Hotel. Evening is free to explore Gangtok city on your own. O/N halt at Gangtok.
Day 02 Full day sightseeing tour to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
Morning breakfast at hotel – Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir nearly 40 kilometers and 2 hours drive along the Kyongnosla Alpine Sanctuary, the home to the red panda and the blood pheasant with Rhododendron and other alpine trees - Situated at an elevation of 3753 meters / 12310 feet - The Lake is oval shaped lake nearly 50 feet deep - Generally covered in snow for most of the year the year – This lake is home to the Brahmini ducks & many migratory birds – Nearby is the sacred Baba Mandir known to be a very holy site for all - Nathu La Pass to Republic of China is nearly 20 kilometers and is optional tour - Back to Gangtok - Evening free to roam around M G Road (Mall) or local Shopping center - Over Night stay at Gangtok
Day 03 Transfer to Lachung –
Early morning breakfast – Next start for North Sikkim package tour – Leave Gangtok at about 10 A M proceed to Lachung 119 kilometers – 4 ½ hours – 5 ½ hours – Lachung is situated at an altitude of 8600 feet - On the way stop and enjoy a few wonderful locations like Tashi Viewpoint, Kabi Lungstok, Naga Waterfalls, confluence of Lachen chu and Lachung Chu at Chungthang, Twin Waterfalls and Bhim Nala Waterfalls - Lunch will be served at Namok - The roads are colored with full bloom of Primulae, Rhododendrons and many other Alpine flowers Guest specially during spring – Guest are likely to reach Lachung at late afternoon or early evening - Check into the hotel / resort - Evening free to stroll around the village - Dinner will be served at about 8 PM – Overnight stay at Lachung
Day 04 Sight Seeing at Yumthang -
After breakfast drive towards Yumthang situated at an elevation of nearly 11800 feet - On the way you may visit the famous hot spring which is known for its curative properties of skin diseases - Yumthang is a valley near the river Lachung Chu surrounded by mountains where the tree line ends - In spring the valley erupts in riots of colors as Primulae, Rhododendrons and many other Alpine flowers in full bloom along with snow covered valley except in autumn - During winter Yumthang is somber with snow all around and the snow clad mountains adding to the ethereal beauty - Return to resort at Lachung for Lunch - After lunch visit Lachung Monastery, Cottage Industry and Waterfalls – Evening free to stroll around the village - Dinner will be served at about 8 PM – Overnight stay at Lachung
Day 05 Transfer to Gangtok -
After breakfast leave for Gangtok - 125 kilometers, 4 – 5 hours drive - On the way stops at Singhik and Mangan - If the weather is fine and the sky is clear one can enjoy the view of Himalayan range with mount Kanchenjunga, mount Pandim, mount Kabru, mount Simvo, mount Jopuno, mount Khanchendzonga and mount Siniolchu - Various location offers a majestic view of these peaks hence photography will consume some time – The drive will be smooth due to the scenic beauty as in spring the forest cover erupts in a riot of colors as Rhododendrons, Primulae and many other Alpine Flowers are in full bloom - Back to Gangtok Evening free to roam around M G Road (Mall) or local Shopping center - Over Night stay at Gangtok
Day 06 Gangtok Local Sight Seeing (Half Day) & Transfer to Pelling –
Morning breakfast - After breakfast drive for the city tour of Gangtok - Visit to Directorate of Handicrafts & Handloom, Research Institute of Tibetology, Do Drul Chorten (Stupa), Enchey Monastery, White Hall, Flower Show - A drive of 130 kilometers 3 ½ - 4 hours through scenic road – C heck in to the hotel – Pelling is situated at an altitude of 2072 meters / 6800 feet - It is one of the exotic settlement with varieties of Rhododendron, Orchids, historical sites, short trek routes and wildlife – Its botanical and zoological richness is inspiring and the scenic view from the top of the ridge across deep valley to the heights of Kanchendzonga ranges is something to be seen to be believed – Check into hotel - Evening free to roam around the small settlement - Over Night stay at Pelling
Day 07 Pelling Local sightseeing & Transfer to Darjeeling -
After breakfast at hotel – Drive for Full Day Sight Seeing. The routes are forested and the botanical and zoological richness is inspiring. Places of visit are Rimbi water Falls, Rimbi Rock Garden, Kechopalri Monastery, Kanchenjunga water Falls, Pemayangtse Monastery, Rabdantse ruins - Transfer to Darjeeling - Nearly 125 kilometers 3 – 3 ½ hours drive – At an height of 2123 meters / 70001 feet lies the land of breathtaking beauty, sloping tea gardens with spectacular views of the Mount Everest is the Queen of the hills – It is also home to the famous World Heritage train – The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (DHR) - Check into hotel – Evening free to roam around Mall or local Shopping center - Over Night stay at Darjeeling
Day 08 Darjeeling Local Sight Seeing (Half Day) –
Early morning at around 3:45 AM drive to 8000 feet / 2440 meters through primitive forests of oak, magnolia to Tiger Hill to view sunrise over Kanchendzonga Peak (subject to clear weather) – On the way back visit Ghoom Monastery, Peace memorial & Batasia Loop – On the way back visit Ghoom Monastery, Peace memorial & Batasia Loop – Back to hotel for breakfast - After breakfast next round of sight seeing - Half Day city tour includes Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Ropeway, Tensing Gumpo Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center (Closed on Sunday), Tea Estate, Natural History Museum (Sunday Closed), Peace Pagoda – Back to hotel – Evening free to stroll around the area - Overnight stay at Darjeeling
Day 09 Departure –
Darjeeling to Siliguri / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB) / Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand (Junction) - Morning breakfast - After breakfast transfer to Siliguri / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB) / Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand (Junction) via Mirik - Nearly 105 kilometers 3 ½ - 4 hours drive – Forwarding Journey
Valid from 20th March 2022 to 30th September 2022
TOUR COST : Per Person Per Tour Basis ( In Rupees )
Minimum No of Pax Standard (Plan CP) Deluxe( Plan CP) Super Deluxe ( Plan CP) Classic (Plan MAP)
02 pax 42039 46537 51101 59701
04 pax 30793 35292 39856 48455
06 pax 25556 309054 34619 43218
Destination Standard (Plan CP) Deluxe( Plan CP) Super Deluxe(Plan CP) Classic (Plan MAP)
Darjeeling- Marvel Inter-national / similar Hotel Sunflower /Similar The Retreat/Similar Candalin Resort/Similar
Gangtok - Sunrise Resi-dency / Similar Himalayan Heights/Similar Hotel Doma Palace Suhim Portico
Kalimpong - Garden Reach / Similar Sood Garden/Similar Hotel Park/Similar Barasana/Similar
Pelling- Swagat Resi-dency / Similar Pema-ling Resi-dency Olive Hotel Norbhu Ghang Resort
Lachung- Fortuna Resort / Similar Fortuna Resort Hotel Park Palace Golden Bridge
Lachen- Hotel Jachu Valley/Similar Himalayan Regency Himalayan Regency Grand Lachane
PACKAGE COST INCLUDES
::-- Assistance on Arrival & Departure.
::-- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis as Per Plan.
::-- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please brief to guest that vehicle will not be at disposable it will available to guest as per itinerary only.
::-- All permit fees & hotel taxes.
PACKAGE COST DOES NOT INCLUDES:
::-- Air Fare/Train fare.
::-- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), porterage.
::-- Any other item not specified in “Cost Includes”.
::-- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
::-- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
::-- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
::-- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
::-- Travel Insurance.
::-- Anything which is not include in the inclusion
::-- Goods & Service Tax 5%
::-- Child Below 5 yrs complimentary.
::-- Child 5 -10 yrs without extra bed as mention in cost column (CNB = Child no Bed).
::-- Child 5 -10 yrs with extra bed as mention in cost column (CWB = Child with Bed).
::-- Above 10 years / Extra adult with an extra bed sharing room are same & charged as per (EPSR).
::-- Hotels are very strict with the child policy. Please carry the age proof so that it can be produced if asked by hotel.
::-- Minimum Cancellation is 10% or INR 3000 whichever maximum Per Person Per Tour
::-- 25% Between 45-30 Days Before Tour Departure
::-- 50% Between 30-15 Days Before Tour Departure
::-- 75% Between 15-05 Days Before Tour Departure
::-- 100% on the Same Day & No show & 05 Days remaining.
::-- Cancellation charges as % of Total Tour Cost.
- In case of non-availability of requested hotel / hotels, we will provide accommodation in a similar category hotel / hotels.
Important: We need following to process your booking
1. Guest Name & Contact Number
2. Naming List with gender & age
3. Arrival / Departure details
• Permit require for Tsomgo Lake. It is mandatory that guest should carry 04 copies of pass – port size photograph, original photo ID proof with photo copy (identity card – Voter ID card/Pass-port/Driving License etc) for processing the permit.
• Permit also require for traveling to North Sikkim (Lachung & Lachen). Requires 02 more copies of passport size photographs along with original photo ID proof.
• The above mentioned hotels will be confirmed as per the room availability. Otherwise we will confirm similar category.
• The rates quoted in the packages are on per person basis, valid for Indian nationals & till 15th Mar 2016 (High seasons surcharge will be applicable from 20TH Dec – 04TH Jan)
• We provide exclusive vehicles in our packages.
• Non A/C Santro Wagnor / Alto for 1-3 Pax including child.
• Non A/C Sumo / Max / Hard top Jeeps for 4-8 pax.
• Innova / Scorpio / Xylo / Tavera for 6 pax including child.
• Gangtok city tour is done only by Maruti van / Indica / Wagon R (4 people in a car).
• If guest are booked for luxury vehicle, Innova / Scorpio / Xylo / Tavera will be provided as per availability.
• Only 06 heads are allowed in 1 Innova / Scorpio / Xylo including child. In case the number of heads traveling increases, than the guest will have to take another vehicle.
• In one Sumo / Max only 08 heads are allowed including child. If the number of heads traveling is more than 08, then guest will have to take another vehicle.
• Incase the guest is opting for Innova / Scorpio inform the guest to travel light with minimum baggage of one piece per person. In case of excess baggage the guest will have to opt for an extra vehicle for carrying the excess baggage. The cost for this will be borne by guest directly.
Important: About Hotel –
1. Check-in 13:00 hrs. / Check-out time is 11:00 hrs.
2. The tourism infrastructure in Sikkim & Darjeeling is not very developed and one should not expect or compare it with the standards of plains & other developed destinations there is always scarcity of water and power in the region and so you would come across situation like water (hot) being supplied on time basis – morning & evening.
3. Room Heater available with an extra cost borne by the guest directly (Except at Super Luxury , Luxury , Heritage Premium & Classic categories)
4. Category of Rooms in the packages normally remains to Stander Room .
5. Hotels are very strict with the child policy. Please carry the age proof so that it can be produced if asked by hotel.
6. A valid photo ID proof for all guests staying at the hotel is mandatory.
7. For Extra adult in the room we will provide an extra bed (wherever possible), but most of the hotels only provide extra mattress or roll out bed. Most of the hotels have no provision of an extra bed.
8. Operator reserves the right to re-arrange itinerary to suit hotel availability without changing the total number of days in each destination and without compromising any services.
9. In the area (almost all) the hotels do not have a lift facility and in all the hotels the guest will have to climb stairs. In case if any guest is having problem of blood pressure, knee or other ailment for which they cannot climb the higher floors they will have to intimate us during the time of booking so that we can arrange rooms at the lowest floor of the hotel enabling the guest to climb the minimum number of stairs possible.
About Transport –
1. If arrival of guest is by train at NJP Railway Station, please be informed that our executive will be there to receive the guest at the New Exit Gate (Near Escalator) or arrive at Bagdogra Airport our executive will be there with the PLA – CARD at Exit Gate on the Airport.
2. The guest should always keep cool with the drivers as they are not tourism educated and come from different remote villages.
3. As there is shortage of space for car parking in the entire Sikkim & Darjeeling region – guest will have to wait at the Lobby in time for the vehicle to start their sightseeing / transfers.
4. We would appreciate, if the guest does not lend their ears to the drivers as most of the time they misguide the passengers. In such instances we would request them to contact our executive.
5. On arrival of guests we will provide mineral water, small kits, local tour co-coordinator number & service voucher. Our representative will brief the total tour itinerary to the guest.
6. As most of the services are on point to point basis, it is obvious that the drivers would also keep changing. Keeping this in mind please ensure that you do not leave your belongings in the vehicle as there is very little possibility of getting them back. Always check your baggage before leave the vehicle.
7. In this sector the same vehicles will not be providing for the entire tour, it will be changed sector-wise. So we request you to inform the same to your guest to avoid any circumstance.
8. If any tourist spot do not complete which falls on closing day & if they wants to do the same on next day then they have to pay the extra cost for the vehicle.
9. If guests want any changes in their sightseeing schedule they should be informed to our executive previous day before 16:00 hrs, after that no changes are allowed. If the guest inform after 16:00 hrs it will be consider as a cancellation with no refund or guest will pay extra cost for reschedule the sightseeing.
10. Please inform your guest to maintain the timing for the sightseeing / transfers which will advisable by our executive. Mainly in Gangtok vehicle will not allowed to park at the hotel instead of parking stand. Once our vehicle will leave the hotel area without picking up the guests & come back at parking stand then guest must have to arrange their own to reach at the parking stand.
11. In Gangtok outside vehicle are not allowed to enter in the city. Only local taxi can roam around within Gangtok city. All outside vehicle will pick up & drop them from Deorali taxi stand. We provide local taxi for pick up & drop from hotel to taxi stand. For this reason guest have to wait sometime in the taxi stand.
12. In case the guest is opting for Innova / Scorpio inform the guest to travel with minimum baggage (one baggage per person). In case of excess baggage the guest will have to opt for an extra vehicle for carrying the excess baggage. The cost for this extra vehicle will be born by guest directly.
13. Operator reserves the right to re-arrange itinerary to suit hotel availability without changing the total number of days in each destination and without compromising any services.
14. Only 06 heads are allowed in 1 Innova / Scorpio / Xylo including child and 08 heads are allowed in 1 Sumo / Max including child. In case the number of travelers are increases, than the guest will have to opt for the additional vehicle with an extra cost which is directly payable by the guest on spot